Thursday, August 26, 2010

Instruments in the Attic Goes International

When I was in Haiti this past April, I met Pastor Robert Noel. Pastor Noel is the pastor of a Wesleyan Church in Jacmel, Haiti. Here is a photo of his Church.

During my visit, Pastor Noel mentioned that he was interested in attracting people to his Church through music. The problem, however, was that he only had one guitar. I told Pastor Noel that I would try to find him some more musical instruments when I returned to the States.

Today, I picked up several musical instruments from George Mason University, which is located in Fairfax, Virginia. The instruments include a keyboard, a guitar, a ukulele, a drum set, recorders, tambourines, and much more. GMU has a program called "Instruments in the Attic" in which they collect donated musical instruments, refurbish them, and then send them back out into the community. Here is a link to an article about GMU's program and our plan to deliver the newly donated instruments to Pastor Noel this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment